Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Bead Scoop: The Bead Bonanza Show


Last Sunday, I was a vendor at my local bead guild's show in Southfield, Michigan...the Bead Bonanza. I have been a vendor at this show for many years, selling my own porcelain beads (see my booth in the picture above?) It was a great show, as always! But this post is not about me any my beads, it is about the art bead treasures I managed to bring back home with me from the show! Check it out...
I found this wonderful cat pendant and "go girl" bead by Diane Hawkey. I love the additional holes at the bottom of the cat pendant for hanging lots of bead dangles or some fringe. The little message bead would be so cute on a bracelet as some encouragement for one of the gals in my life when they might be feeling a bit down.
Then I got this great Daisy pendant from Lily Studios made of stained glass pieces and a real flower flattened in the center. I had to pull these Blossom links and one of my own Daisy beads from my own inventory to go with it...can you imagine what I am brewing up here?


I have been waiting since Christmas to get some graphic black and white ceramic beads from Carla at Bag Lady Beads! I have some new red, white, and black kind of punky charm bracelets I want to make, and the little dice and 8balls are going to be perfect!Finally, I did some shopping at Embroidered Soul, where I got this Leaf pendant and seafoam sun circle from Helen and scraffito flower and oval from Sharleen. I am thinking I need to start a clay leaf pendant collection because I love them so much. I don't have plans for these beads yet, but I am still thinking.


What would you bead?

2 comments:

Lori Greenberg said...

I love Diane's "go girl" bead! I got one of her reverse-painted lampwork beads of her dog with an equally as cute saying on it last year. Maybe I should show it some day.

melanie brooks said...

Yeah, Diane's glass beads are beautiful I think I know what your dog bead says! And I have met her dogs so I also know that the saying is totally their personalities...

Show them! I love to see bead collections!