Saturday, April 4, 2009

Studio Saturday Winner

Sorry dear readers for missing this week's Studio Saturday post. We are only human here at the ABS! Our winner this week is FrankandRox, please send your address to the Art Bead Scene to receive a Bling Link from Cindy Gimbrone Beads!


This week for my post, I am throwing in a bonus free project since not much is going on in the Humblebeads Studio beside some serious production work.

A Song for Spring Earrings

Supplies:

2 Humblebeads Disk Beads

2 lucite flowers

6 stone rondelles

2 Copper earwires

2 copper headpins

2 copper eyepins

6 copper bead caps

6 copper seed beads

2 copper 5mm spacers

Directions:

1. String a seed bead, lucite flower, copper spacer, humblebeads disk and a seed bead onto a headpin. Trim headpin and use round nose pliers to form a loop.

2. On the eye pin string a seed bead, stone and a bead cap. Repeat the stone and bead cap two more times. Trim eyepin and use round nose pliers to form a loop.

3. Attach dangle to the bottom of the eyepin and the earwire to the top of the eye pin.

______________________________________________

To win a set of Humblebeads Disk Beads please leave a comment about this weeks' question. We will draw a random winner next Saturday.

What would you like to see on the Art Bead Scene?

Share an idea for a post you'd love to read about here on the ABS. Perhaps a topic we haven't covered or one you'd like us to write more about.

18 comments:

AJ said...

Those earrings are lovely!

Since money is so tight for so many people, what about occasionally doing a post full of ongoing sales on art beads? Or feature artists who are offering affordable art beads? Even when money is good, I'm always looking for unique focals that I can work into my designs while still keeping them within the average buyer's budget :)

Katie said...

Projects, projects, projects - I love the little projects like you posted today...It's especially helpful when you get stuck on something - seeing something that another creative mind put together can get the wheels a-turning...

SummersStudio said...

Stunning! Thanks for the tutorial!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Just keep doing what you are doing.

sharon said...

Very nice earrings and tutorial! As AJ said, i would like to see more artists featured, there are so so many of us out there waiting to be discovered. Almost every day i can find someone selling handmade beads on etsy. There's room for everyone!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a little more about the processes of creating art beads out of various materials. This site is wonderful already, though, so keep up the great work!

Hannah B.

Patty said...

I'd like to see more bead artists, so I can find their wonderful creations. Also more projects.

FrankandRox said...

I love the variety of posts I find here. I love to see everyone's creations for the monthly challenges,really seems to be growing too. I love the featured arists on mondays which always reminds me I should get my own but in gear and make an entry...one of these days. always lots of great inspiration in these "pages"

Cindy said...

These are all great suggestions...I especially like the one about featuring budget friendly beads and undiscovered artists...perhaps spotlighting what those have done using all of these wonderfu art beads! Oh, another suggestion would be to maybe facilitating swaps, trades and collaborations. Now that would be fun!

Kiwiken said...

I always love to see what designs different creative minds come up with, using the same set of supplies or even just the same focal art bead. I would like to see the beadmakers here feature some of their favourite designs that used one of their beads in entirely different creations, maybe even in a completely unusual way.

Alice said...

All great ideas! I especially like the suggestions about promoting artists and more projects.

Those earrings are darling! Thanks for sharing.

Alice

peacockfairy said...

I think what you are already doing is great! Keep up the good work!

Rosanne said...

You must be doing all right, cause I can't find anything to really add. More projects maybe? Different bead artists? More book reviews?

SueBeads said...

I love love love these earrings! I would love to see more artists, and designers - you've been doing a great job of that so far. There are so many people out there (including ME!) doing such great work! I would like to see maybe a Tips and Hints day or a How To day, where a skill is taught or reviewed (i.e., oxidizing, etching).

Lucie said...

I LOVE your stuff!!! I would like to see more on "how to" and various techniques that are user friendly for the beginners.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Definitely more free projects! And how bout some more artisan interviews? I love finding out about new Art Bead creators out there!

Kim Cavender said...

Heather, your work is amazingly beautiful, as always! It's hard to think of anything to add to all of the great suggestions already submitted. I love the fact that you can make such lovely things by combining inexpensive lucite beads with other materials. I've been messing around with lucite myself recently and am just starting to combine it with clay. I'd love to see more ideas from you in regard to that.

SarahKelley said...

Book reviews are great-- product reviews are great. More pictures, interviews, giveaways!
Maybe a focus on what artbeads some of the better known designers are using?