Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cinch it up!

I was mesmerized by the rainbow of colors in Sarah Lukkonen 's booth at Bead Fest. Sarah is the creator of C Koop Beads. Little colorful enameled findings that she creates herself. Every finding comes in every color of the rainbow and it was HARD picking out a few favorites. I wanted one of each!

photo credit: Kelley Wenzel
I picked up a couple of these cool double holed button-type findings. Sarah had a kit available for purchase, of a necklace created with some of her other beads, leather cord, and these buttons. The button cinches up and down to adjust the length of the necklace! I couldn't get over the simple but interesting way she used it! I designed something similar here in the necklace below. By placing beads on the ends of the leather cord, it prevents the cording from slipping out of the button holes.

Here is a close-up show of the button in action.

Check out the C Koop Beads website. They have a nice selection of items to purchase, but Sarah said she welcomes emails if you are looking for something specific.

Written by Lorelei EurtoShop:
http://www.lorelei1141.etsy.com/
http://Lorelei1141.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how these little buttons are the perfect clasp for cinching up leather cords together. Nice to have that be an adjustable component!

TesoriTrovati said...

That little finding is brilliant! I have used some of her findings and they are worth every penny. Beautiful necklace Lorelei! Enjoy the day! Erin

SueBeads said...

that's a great idea, lorelei!

Lorelei Eurto said...

Thanks Kelley! I wish I had an un-ending supply of these!

Hey Erin! They are worth every penny, I agree! But I find myself hoarding the few that I got!

Jeannie said...

That double hole button has endless possibilities. Well done Lorelei.

Azure Accessories said...

Great necklace...I like those little buttons!

Cheers

Joella said...

Very clever!!! I'm crazy about buttons...this idea will fit perfectly into my pieces:) Thanks a Bunch

Terry Biz said...

What a great idea!! Why didn't I think of that?!

Alice said...

Very clever idea for a clasp! I love C Koop Beads' bright colors.

Did you know her beads are sold at Fusionbeads.com?

Unknown said...

Fabulous and the perfect closure for a cuff I'm working on. I was searching for those little pinch beads at the end of jacket cords and stumbled across your blog. These are so much better, thanks for the pointer.
Christine