Friday, December 24, 2010

On the 12th Day of Christmas: Flaking Out

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."
 
I have to confess: I was inspired by this post on the Vintaj blog that shows a filigree snowflake necklace created with the six-petaled filigree they offer. I love working with Vintaj products but have a hard time with the filigrees because I always think that I have to wrap them around something. This picture tutorial slideshow will have you exploring the possibilities of filigree in ways that don't involve wrapping something. Grab a cup of cocoa {with extra marshmallows!} and enjoy!

Materials:
Filigree - 6 petaled flower
assorted beads, caps, head pins, jump rings, chain, clasps

Tools:
pliers, heat tool, oil pastels, screw hole punch, Renaissance Wax
{HINT: Maximize the Smilebox to full screen for best viewing. And turn on your speakers!}
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

Erin Prais-Hintz writes about all things that inspire her at Treasures Found::Inspiration Is Everywhere. Her jewelry designs are one-of-a-kind made one-at-a-time. She collects quotes and dust and invites you to send her your favorite (quote - not dust!) to enjoytheday@tesoritrovati.com. Check out her brand spankin' new website at Tesori Trovati

9 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Very cool! I love the projects, and the smilebox slide show was really cute!!

Spirited Earth said...

thanks for sharing these great necklaces..the smilebox feature is fabulous

swopemelmel said...

That was "snow" much fun !!!! I loved it and the jewelry.

Alice said...

I've been enjoying the Twelve Days of Christmas tutorials but until now I haven't had time to post. Thanks ABS for sharing all these lovely ideas with us!

Kylie Parry Studios said...

Love the oil pastel idea! Thanks for the inspiration. I love these!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Thanks Lorelei! Those Smilebox slide shows are addicting! You can do them for free, or pay a small yearly fee like I do for more enhanced features.
Blessings to you and yours!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Wonderful stuff Erin, I really need to use more Vintaj it's so cool and you did a great job with some very easy ideas. Thank you!

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Awesome! Loved the designs and the slide show was great!!!
Shannon C

Rose said...

Erin you rock. I just watched the slide show and I am flattered that you were inspired by that post :) Now wouldn't it be fun to make these together?! Happy new year lady!