Thursday, May 7, 2015

Amuse the Muse, erm, Thursday....! with Rebecca of Songbead

So, because of the way the dates fall, sometimes I miss out my first Amuse the Muse post due to housekeeping - new challenge, challenge winners, new sponsors etc. All the stuff that needs to be posted right at the beginning of the month, whatever else is happening! Normally I just skip a week and join in with my themed shares and BeadBlogger Links the following week, but I've decided to jump in and get going today, and bring you a Thursday Muse post. Keeping you on your toes, eh?!

And what is this month's Muse theme, I hear you ask......well, it's kind of a loose one and definitely open to interpretation. I've gone with 'tribal' beads - but what tribal means to one person can be very different to what it means to another. Tribal-inspired is probably a better description. Here's what it says to me - rustic, earthy, possibly colourful but earthy works too. Imperfect shapes and patterns, simplistic, rough-hewn, tactile and textural. What does tribal mean to you? 

Here are a few art beads that caught my eye when I was searching for those with a tribal-inspired feel to them...

Something to do beads (Claire has just had a super update - hop over there quick!)











And now for the BeadBlogger Links. Have a great week...end!















2 comments:

Claire Lockwood said...

Lovely selection! Thanks for including mine!

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your posts. They can introduce me to artists I didn't know about or remind me of some I haven't visited in a while! Thanks!