Monday, February 29, 2016

February Monthly Challenge Recap

I read a few blogs and posts that indicated that there was a difficulty with this month's inspiration painting. I chose it because it would be a challenge (that is what this is all about!) but also that it provided a wealth of really great aspects to consider.... from the strong geometric pattern of triangles and chevron waves to the details of the way-cool car and the compass rose to the bold colors... I really hoped there would be something for everyone in this inspiration!

I can tell you that I struggled a bit. Mainly because I was trying to teach myself how to do cane work (and that is something that takes many years to master!) and because my first attempts looked amateur at best, I ended up wasting one entire precious day this month with nothing to show but a bunch of really ugly polymer clay somethings (even I am not sure what they were trying to be!). My husband commented that it wasn't a day wasted if I found out what I didn't want to do. Truth.

So I tried again and I came up with a design that not only could I live with but was quickly falling in love with... including rescuing the mass of clay that I started out with on the wrong path and turned into something wickedly cool! I will be exploring this technique more, and although I am behind a bit in the creation for February, I hope my Club members won't mind (since I am all finished with March early!).  See if you can spot my new pendants in the slideshow (I only have so much of this cane, so there will only be a very limited number available in my shop soon!).


Let's see what inspired you! Add your link to the InLinkz code below and be entered to win some great prizes! 


An InLinkz Link-up

Get the InLinkz code for your blog!

get the InLinkz code

No comments: